Sign in to follow this  
justme

CSS Question

justme

I need to verify the best way to handle css edits. I know css can be finicky depending on the listing order. In a previous version of iBlogPro3 I edited certain CSS properties in the style.css file. I'm now updating to 3.6.3 and would like to avoid redoing these edits on every upgrade. I know there is a custom css feature but here is my question. If I am not simply adding a new css class but editing original css properties, can I just add the new css in the custom file or will that conflict with the original since that css will still be in that file? Will the order the css is loaded make a difference? Or do I need to continue as I have and make the changes in the original style.css file? Thanks

cmunns

Any CSS you add to the Custom CSS area will override the CSS in the stylesheet. DOes that answer your question?

justme

Well I guess so! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

cmunns

If you want to add a separate style sheet, the one that is loaded last will take precedence if there are any overlapping or conflicting rules.

justme

That's what I was thinking, thanks. RE the custom css area and referencing this post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=995 I added my code between the body {} tags and it worked in Firefox, but not in Safari. I chased it around for a while thinking I had a cache issue. Finally I simply moved all the code after the closing body tag and magically everything worked properly. Not sure what that means.