Sign in to follow this  
latindispatch

Sort posts by category/change size of slider

latindispatch

Hi everyone, I'm new to pagelines and having some problems. I want to apply pagelines pro to a media website (Latin America News Dispatch, latindispatch.com), but I'm having a bid of trouble. (I'm working on transferring the Dispatch to Pagelines, but on a private mockup site, so what you see if you click through is still our old theme right now). I want the homepage to be a bit more dynamic and media-oriented. I'd like to shrink the slider and order the posts by category, as we currently have, rather than just listing them. I thought this would be fairly straightforward, but I'm not getting it. To get an idea of the way we'd like to order categories, this is something of a model we're using: Animal Pol?­tico Thanks in advance for any help! Best, Roque

catrina

You can shrink the slider using custom CSS. As for ordering the posts by category, there might be a plugin for that. You can search the plugin directory: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

latindispatch

Thanks for the prompt response Catrina! I can't find where to change the rule for the slider though. All my attempts to alter the CSS seem to have no impact. Any suggestions? Thanks, Roque

kastelic

Any CSS that you put in Platform Settings -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS will override all other CSS. Sometimes you have to be sure that you are being specific enough to override though, for example,

p{font-size:12px}
might not work so try:
.content p{font-size:12px}
instead. And if you really can't get it, a last resort is to add !important:
.content p{font-size:12px !important}