Sign in to follow this  
chules

Add the feature slider and box to blog page

chules

I have installed the platform pro template with demo content. I am trying to take the feature slider and 3 boxes that you currently have on your demo home page and add them to the blog page. I would like to have my home page start with the feature slider, followed by the 3 boxes and directly underneath start the posts. When I go into the blog page and try to show these features the feature slider and boxes do not show at the top of the blog page. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. You can view my site at www.markorciuoli.com. If you look at my home page I want to replace the "why a drag and drop framework" area with the start of my blog posts. Thank you - Mark

catrina
When I go into the blog page and try to show these features the feature slider and boxes do not show at the top of the blog page. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong.
Go to Template Setup in your Settings and drag and drop the sections into the appropriate places.
If you look at my home page I want to replace the "why a drag and drop framework" area with the start of my blog posts.
You need to add your posts first and then they'll appear in that area.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cshoffmann

Be sure to set the feature slider to pull your posts in the Platform Pro>Settings>Feature Settings area.

chules

I have tried the suggestion and still can ???t get this to work. I have a feeling it??™s so simple and that I am just missing something. What I wish to have is a home page that has the feature slider, the 3 boxes, followed by the posts. On my site, http://www.markorciuoli.com, you will see 2 tabs. The first is the home page where I am displaying the feature slider and the boxes but can??™t display any type of content posts on that page. The only content I can display is if I edit the homepage page and type text into the editor. So my goal is to take the home page and blog page and have one home page getting rid of the blog page since it??™s showing the posts in the content area of the home page. I have my site configured to display a static front page with the front page set to home and the posts page set to blog. I am not sure if this is what??™s causing the issue or not. I keep trying different combinations. I have configured everything else correctly, integration with buddypress, bbpress, etc but can??™t seem to figure this simple one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ??“ Mark

chules

Well I found this post here that has someone trying to do the exact thing I am trying to do. See here http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8562 I have tested not using a static page and simply adding the feature and block section to the post page. It works but it shows the feature and blogs on all post pages including categories where I don't want it to show. I just want to show the home page with feature, boxes and posts. All other post pages (categories) are standard post pages without feature or boxes (just content). If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Thank you - Mark

kastelic

You have to set it to show up on all post pages like you had it, and then hide it on pages you don't with CSS. For example, if you don't want boxes on archive pages, do this:

.archive #boxes {display:none}

Look in the body tag for classes specific to any type of page. Use Firebug to find the outermost selector for each section.

chules

Jimmy, I made the changes and understand what you are saying but do not know what file to add these changes to. I would add the following to disable feature and boxes on the categories. .category #feature{display:none;} .category #boxes{display:none;} Thank you - Mark

catrina

Add the code to your custom code CSS area in the settings or the base.css file in the child theme.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

chules

Thank you all for the help. I have this working the way I wished. Mark