Sign in to follow this  
ashkingroup

Trouble with the Carousel

ashkingroup

Hi there, For the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up my Carousel. I have a page on my site that I would like to use the Carousel feature on, and this feature is actually why I purchased and installed WhiteHousePro, but I can't seem to get it to function correctly. Here's what I have so far: http://ashkingroup.com/newsite/wordpress/?page_id=108 I chose the template, "Carousel - Full Width" for this page with a default sidebar. This works. I put 15 as the max number of items shown in the Carousel. And selected Post Thumbnails as the Carousel Image/Link Mode. But how do I get posts to appear in my Carousel? And, I'm guessing the feature image I upload for a post will be the thumbnail image? Thank you! Elizabeth

catrina

The Carousel will display your thumbnail images as long as they're uploaded. You'll also need to save your options by clicking the update button at the bottom.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ashkingroup

Ok, great. Thanks! Also, but is it possible to have the images in the Carousel link to posts or a page? Or how is the Carousel used? Is it only for images? Thanks again, Elizabeth

catrina

Are the carousel images not linking to the posts now? The Carousel is only used for images. It's not like a Feature Slider where there are images, text, etc.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ashkingroup

Ok, the thumbnails in the carousel are indeed linking to posts, but it's been so long since I originally set this up that I embarrassingly can't remember how I did this. And I have an additional question. 1) How do you link a carousel item to a post? 2) How do you assign a thumbnail image for a carousel item? I added a featured image for one of the carousel items that links to a post, but it doesn't appear in the carousel as a thumbnail. http://ashkingroup.com/newsite/wordpress/?page_id=110 Thank you!

ashkingroup

Just checking to see if any of the WhiteHousePro Developers have any solutions for the two carousel questions above. I have tried to find the answers in the documentation and through experimentation, but am still stumped. Thank you!

cmunns

Every page where there is a carousel should have its own option set. Did you double check that it is to pull from post-thumbnails? ..and yes the post featured image or thumbnail as it used to be called is all you need to add after that