Sign in to follow this  
ashkingroup

How to change size of the Feature Slide?

ashkingroup

I have tried to adjust the size of the Feature Slide on my site by adding to the Custom Code with things like: element.style { ? ? ? ? height:? 345px; ? ? ? ? position:? relative; ? ? ? ? width:? 920px; } But, the Feature Slide is still not changing. What all do I need to change, or rather, add to the Custom Code in order to resize the Feature Slide? I would like to make the height and width just a little smaller, as it is currently too large for our taste. I would prefer users to not have to scroll down to read our abbreviated news items. http://ashkingroup.com/newsite/wordpress/ Thank you for any help! Elizabeth

catrina

I think it's the selector you'll need to change. It should be:

#feature {
	    height: 345px;
	    position: relative;
	    width: 920px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kference

Interesting, I was just coming here to figure out the same thing. I have a need to reduce the width of the feature panel but looking at firebug this width is getting set outside of a CSS file.

<div id="cycle" style="position: relative; width: 960px; height: 230px;">
As you can see in the snippet above there is inline CSS on the div. However, looking at the section php file the div is clean:
<div id="cycle">

Notice too that the first code section shows the height change which is done via the Platform Settings pages in the admin (Settings -> Feature Settings and the next to last option is height) but the width is coming from somewhere else. I did a search for 960 across the themes and found a couple of places where it's coded that make sense but nothing that indicates where the slider is getting the width value. Since the height value can be set in the admin can someone help identify where the width value comes from? Thanks, Happy Saturday!

catrina
Since the height value can be set in the admin can someone help identify where the width value comes from?
It comes from one of the CSS files (which should not be edited directly - which is why there is the Custom Code area and the base.css file in the child theme)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse