Sign in to follow this  
Rob

True Magazine Format

Rob

Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for your help. On my site I currently use the Magazine layout with 2 sidebars (right) and one universal sidebar above those. The body shows 3 of the latest postings as full width followed by 12 magazine layout (smaller posts). Above the whole thing I have the feature slider followed by boxes before the actual content and side bars start. www.epicurus.com/beverages What I'm trying to achieve is to replace the 12 recent small postings with postings by category... ones I select. There should be a heading for each, so that people know which category they're viewing. Below each leading article within the content, I'd like to also include up to 3 bulleted and linked titles of other recent posts within the category. I don't want a limit on the number of categories I can have on the front page. Admittedly, I don't know how to create a front page on my own. Is any of this possible with PlatformPro? If so, how? Thanks again!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina

The small postings/category adjusting would be possible with file customization performed within the base child theme. For the recent posts lists after the leading articles, that could be accomplished using a hook. See here for more information on implementing hooks: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob

Could someone look at this demon: http://demo.wpzoom.com/?theme=eventina and tell me how to replicate the boxes on that index page for the various categories each showing one lead article within the category and several links to others within? I just want to get this done ASAP and have no idea how to do it. I'm sure it does require lots of coding, so if someone could tell me how, where and what, I'd give it a try. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur