Sign in to follow this  
jjbristol

Feature Options, selective auto transitions

jjbristol

I would like to know if it is possible to have the Feature slides auto transition on some pages but not on others.

catrina

I believe the feature slider can only perform "selective auto-transition" if you customize the code since there is no specific setting for it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

I'm not certain what the solution would be, but since essentially you're using the same feature slider on each page, there would have to be a fix that can affect the slider on separate pages. You can request this feature/setting for a future update (perhaps a page meta setting for the features).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jjbristol

Sure, I get that I am using an instance of the same Feature Slider on each page. And if the feature slider was hard-coded instead of generated dynamically I can even see in the code where I would set the timer per page. But there has to be a way to drop-in a call on specific pages to tell the slider to auto-play or not.

catrina

You can try looking in the feature slider files, but whatever changes you make there will be overwritten if you upgrade your theme. You just have to remember to save those changes and then apply them again after you update the theme.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jjbristol

Are you familiar with the JS functions that drive the Feature Slider? I would imagine the process goes something like: creating a Custom Template that includes unique JS to specify the Feature Slider auto plays (timer) or does not auto play. I don't believe editing the core Feature Slider is a solution because I am still editing that one instance.

cmunns

You should be able to add a hook which adds a modified version of the jquery call based on the page ID. What is your theme version, site URL, etc?

cmunns

You should be able to add a new .cycle method parameter in the footer Using a hook in PlatformBase ` add_action('wp_footer','transitions'); function transitions(){ if(is_page('xx')):?> <?php else:?> <?php } ` Something like that anyway..haven't tested it, and could easily be compressed a bit.

jjbristol

Hi Adam this is great. Super helpful if it works. Does one part of this go into the footer and another into functions.php?

cmunns

the whole things goes in the functions.php file as is it above.

jjbristol

Thanks Adam. I tried that. Got an error, "unexpected }"

cmunns

whoops forgot the endif `<?php endif;?>` add it right after the closing script tag.

jjbristol

Awesome. I will try it out. Thank you.