Sign in to follow this  
justfitness

Nav menu active page colour

justfitness

Hi, I'm quite new here and don't understand most of what is being said on these forums (too technical) Anyway I've got my nav menu pretty much as I want it colour wise, only thing I need help with is having the active page highlighted so visitors know what page they are on, at the moment it is black (same colour as background) The highlighted colour I'm after is #0dff00 Here the site: http://justfitness-training.co.uk/ Thanks for any help, Justin

studio8c

Hi Justin, This shoot do the job. Cheers Dennis

#primary-nav .main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a{background-color: #0F1;}

justfitness

Thanks for that Dennis, it has done the trick, however the text colour is white when highlighted, how would I get the text to be black on green? (like when you hover over the menu) http://justfitness-training.co.uk/

catrina

To get the hover text to be black on green on hover:

#primary-nav .main-nav li a:hover, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a:hover, .main-nav li.current_page_item a:hover, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a:hover, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a:hover {color: #000; background-color: #YOURGREENCOLOR;}
Replace
#YOURGREENCOLOR

with the hex code for the green you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kastelic
.current_page_item a {
	background: green !important;
	color:black !important;
	}

justfitness

Thanks Jimmy, It works great now. Thanks to all who helped!