Sign in to follow this  
Audun MB

Facebook Like button

Audun MB

I'd like a facebook "Like button" on my pages and posts, but not on any of the custom post types? What's the recommendend way to do that?

Audun MB

Addtoany seems to be "Share on facebook" (and a lot of other places)-tool. I want a Like button. I've tried one plugin that gave me a like button, but they kept showing up in all the wrong places and didn't integrate with Facebook Insigths. Hooks may be the thing, but I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of Wordpress. Any advice on how to do this?

Kate

Hi Audun, I would just use one of the many plugins in the WP repository, perhaps even the one you used before. Then, simply hide the are like buttons with CSS in the areas where you don't want them to appear. Make sense?

Audun MB

This plugin seems to be the best Like-button-plugin for Wordpress. Integrates with Facebook Insights as well. It has a lot of settings, and you can hide the button on individual pages and posts if you like. Though I can't get it to hide on Features. On regular posts and pages I get an extra menu for the Like Button with the option on hiding it, but for custom post types like Features, it doesn't show. The button doesn't show on Buttons for some reason and I don't use banners, so Features is the problem. Any idea why? How to fix it?

Audun MB

Kate, how do I hide it with CSS?

cmunns

would have to see it live for the correct selectors.

Kate

Unless I'm overlooking something, the only thing provided to target is the iframe. Something like this:

.page-id-499 .entry_content iframe{display:none !important;}

In this instance I used the page id, but you could use another (more general) class generated in the body tag.

Audun MB

Kate: where should I use that code? In the Custom code-fields, in the particular feature, in base.css? The best solution would be to prevent the Like button from showing in any features. Is that possible?

cmunns

Yes using `#feature iframe {display:none;}` and putting this in your child theme css should do the trick.

inov8ed

You can do a lot of this customization with AddtoAny. You can add special buttons as stand alone services (like the like button) that you can then determine where they show up. -Adam