Sign in to follow this  
jmcollett

Do I use the Platform Forum with PlatformPro

jmcollett

I have installed the bbpress forum plugin into my PlatformPro website and do not know how to configure the layout using the PlatformPro Base theme. Should i be using the Platform Forum addin instead?

catrina

According to documentation:

Forum Options: In PlatformPro, the options for the forum are in the theme settings inside of your WordPress install. Activate them under ???custom code.??™ In the other theme/bbPress integrations, the theme options are inside of the bbPress admin.
See here for more information on bbPress forums: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jmcollett

Hey Catrina, Thanks for the reply. Does this deep integration work with bbPress 2.0 (the plugin) also? Martin

jmcollett

Hey Catrina, I have sat back and reviewed my position on this and can see that your comments make perfect sense. I believe my real issue is with the layout of the forum and I am not really sure how to overcome this. The bbpress plugin seems to adopt the "Twenty Ten" stylesheet, as this Theme was also installed (but inactive). The active theme is PlatformBase (ver 1.4.1) and I have just updated PlatformPro to 1.5.1 (from 1.5.0) Should I delete the Twenty Ten theme and trust that bbPress will adopt the PlatformPro theme automatically? I really like the layout that this forum presents and am wondering how i can get something similar? I look forward to your guidance :-) Cheers, Martin

catrina

The default stylesheet is actually for theme Kakumei instead of Twenty Ten. :) In the template-files directory, you'll need a CSS stylesheet called style.css. This is the file where you edit your customizations.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jmcollett

Hello Catrina, Thank you for your update. I have spent considerable time trawling through my website,its directory structure and file name. So far, I have been unable to locate any file called style.css or one that has kakumei in the name. I was also unable to locate a directory called template-files, but did locate where the css files appear to be kept. (www.craftclassroom.com/wp-admin/css) Should I place a file called style.css here? Will this be the stylesheet that the forums will use? If so, is there a generic stylesheet that I can use as a starting-point? Thanks in advance Martin

jmcollett

Is there any further update to my question please? Have I missed something in the communication? I am using the plugin and NOT the separate BBPress website, therefore the integration is internal to the WordPress site? All I am seeking is a better stylesheet and do not know where to look? Can someone please offer some guidance here? Regards, Martin

cmunns

Did you actually install the PlatformForum theme. I haven't tried the new bbPress plugin, but formerly this had to be done using an FTP client.

jmcollett

Hey Adam, The bbpress plugin seems to work well, I'm just not sure how to correct the theme for it! As for the PlatformForum Theme I do not know where this is or how to obtain it. Can you please advise? Regards, Martin PS: I really like what you have done to this forum's theme - it really looks great!