Sign in to follow this  
blnklausmecom

Disable Thumbnails in previews and post

blnklausmecom

Hi, using the 'iBlog Pro' on my Site www.iappfel.de . i would like to have the thumbnails pictures on top of the posts previews only, and not on the left side of the post too. How do i change this? thanks very much, bests Klaus from Berlin (Germany)

catrina
pictures on top of the posts previews only, and not on the left side of the post too
Do you mean that you only want the thumbnails displayed on the main blog page and not on the single post pages?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

blnklausmecom

If you look to my homepage www.iappfel.de , you see excerpts of the latest posts (with thumbnails). I plan to create an other "homepage" with feature slider an other things. So i want the the page "www.iappfel.de/category/inews" and the other "category-pages" under "iNews" looks like the current Homepage (with thumbnails). I hope you understand me. Sorry for my terrible english. Klaus from iappfel.de (Germany)

catrina

I hope I am understanding correctly: -You want another page used a homepage to include a feature slider and other page elements -You want the iNews page and the category pages to look like the homepage you have right now along with thumbnails added. Is this correct?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

blnklausmecom

Yes, correct! fyi: iNews isn??t a page it is a category page to.

catrina

So does iNews have subcategories and you want those subcategory pages to have the same appearance as the home page?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

I don't think you'll need to create another "homepage" for the iNews category. There is already an iNews category page created by default. It's a matter of customizing it so that it looks the way you want. Does that make sense?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

blnklausmecom

iThink we talk at cross purposes. I want the iNews category page (it is not a real "page". It is created my the menu-option of word press) looks like the current "homepage". An i want that the "subcategory pages":....Apple....Hardware....Software...etc also looks like the current homepage. I am sorry. It is not easy with me a my english

cmunns

Did you check the thumbnail handling options in the Page and Post settings?

blnklausmecom

@ Catrina: i want to create another "Homepage" for the futur. we talk about that in another topic (http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/11132). If this new homepage will be ready, i want that the thumbnail will be shown on the "iNews" and the the side under that. (You can see this on my Site. Yes, i tried all options in the setting. The best option was "All blog/post pages". But the problem is, that the thumbnail is also shown on the single post page. So there are twice the same images on every post-page for example: http://www.iappfel.de/ein-satz-mit-x-%E2%80%93-apple-lasst-fangemeinde-auf-lion-warten/3720 . I want to hide the thumbnails on the single post page.