Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Make the Box titles the same style as the Widget Titles

bizint

Ok...so on my front opage the widgets have a nice capital letter underlined header....but my boxes dont! So I used firebug to highlight the widget title style I do like and saw this: <h3 class="widget-title">Transform your work life</h3> Now the one I dont like is called this: <div class="fboxtitle"> <h3> Furnish </h3> Please can someone tewll me what code I need to put into CSS to get the same title effect for the box - that I get for the widgets? Many thanks! I'm trying!

cmunns

rule you might want to change. ` .fboxtitle h3 { text-transform:uppercase; color:#666; border-bottom:1px solid #666; } ` close?

bizint

Changed it...yes its close - but its not exactly the same as the other headers...which is Lucida Grande...not sure colour is same either...can I get exactly the same?

bizint

Ooo and I need to "pad" the images down abit too?! They're too close to the underline bit!

bizint

oops www.busiessinteriors.co.uk/betatest/worpress. I'm trying to sort those headers out to be like the other headers on the pagfe...they're too close to the image...and the worng style...mmm

catrina
.fboxtitle h3 {
	margin-top: -50px;
	font-family: lucida grande;
	text-transform:uppercase;
	color:#666;
	border-bottom:1px solid #666;
	padding-bottom: 5px;
	}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint

Hi Catrina, your code didnt work, but I managed to keep plugging away with Firebug and this is the closest I could get - it seems right colour etc...but I just cant seem to match the font size...even hardwiring in "font-size x" it just doesnt want to budge...any ideas?! I just need the box titles the same as the widget titles...strange...

catrina

The font size in the widget titles look pretty small. Have you already tried 9px?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint

Ive tried 12345! For some reason everything I put in doesnt change it...is there some overriding font mechanism?

bizint

This is all my custom css: body{font-size:11px} #cred {display:none;} #banners .banner-area { padding: 0; } #attachment-40x40 {padding-top:28px}ul.blogroll li{ background: url(http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/betatest/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/orange-arrow-81.gif) no-repeat; background-position: 1px 2px; padding-left: 19px; } #div_postlist td {vertical-align: top; padding-bottom:20px;} #div_postlist p {margin-top:-1px; margin-bottom:-3px;} .fboxtitle h3 {text-transform:uppercase; color:#AFAFAF; border-bottom:1px solid #E9E9E9;margin-bottom:10px; font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode",sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.1em;} #div_postlist img {margin-right: 10px;} #breadcrumb {font-size: 11px; color:#AFAFAF; margin-bottom 25px;border-bottom:1px solid

kastelic

Try putting !important at the end of a rule like:

.something{font-size: 12px !important; color:blue}

It will make it override anything that comes below it in the cascade.

bizint

Jimmy! Simple!...fantastic well done...thank you