Sign in to follow this  
italoprofeti

Feature slider: how to change btns name on a slider by slider base

italoprofeti

Hi! How do I change the name of btns in feature sliders on a slider by slider basis? I found this solution, but it sets the values for every slider in the site. Besides, I removed that from header script field but still it is working. Is this extra code added to some place so that even after being deleted, it is still working? In that case how do we "silence" a code we do not want any longer? :-)

Kate

Hi italoprofeti, It must still be in the header (if that's where you placed it), or else it wouldn't be working. I guess it could be a caching thing. Have you tried deactivating then reactivating the theme?

italoprofeti

that would mean activate another theme other than pagelines and then activate pagelines again? will I loose any setting by doing that?

italoprofeti

PlatformPro + Base w/custom codes

catrina

Kate means that you should activate PlatformPro (if you have PlatformBase activated) and then active PlatformBase again.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

italoprofeti

Done! :-) Now it is back to its original. Now, how can I control the names or appearance of the btns on a slider by slider basis?

kastelic

You have to modify this line:

$j("div#featurenav").children("a").each(function() {
div#featurenav
is the selector that chooses any div of id feature nav. You can change this on a page by page basis by using different classes that are in the body tag of each page (view the source to find them.) Some examples:
$j(".archive div#featurenav").children("a").each(function() {
$j(".blog div#featurenav").children("a").each(function() {
$j(".page-id-23 div#featurenav").children("a").each(function() {

italoprofeti

this is way beyond my understanding! I'm sorry! :-) where do I find those pages? aren't they generated online by WP? could you give me some more detailed steps here's the code of the page only place ai find the div is here: <script type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */ var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); $j(document).ready(function () { $j('#cycle').cycle({fx: 'scrollHorz', sync: 1, timeout: 0, speed: 1500, cleartype: true, cleartypeNoBg: true, pager: 'div#featurenav'});$j("div#featurenav").children("a").each(function() { if($j(this).html() == "1") { $j(this).attr("title", "feature 1"); $j(this).html("feature 1"); }if($j(this).html() == "2") { $j(this).attr("title", "feature 2"); $j(this).html("feature 2"); } }); // Play Pause $j('.playpause').click(function() { if ($j('.playpause').hasClass('pause')) { $j('#cycle').cycle('pause'); $j('.playpause').removeClass('pause').addClass('resume'); } else { $j('.playpause').removeClass('resume').addClass('pause'); $j('#cycle').cycle('resume', true); } }); }); /* ]]> */ </script> sorry for the long code where should I put the modified version, and how? be patient, I'm learning :-)

catrina
where do I find those pages? aren't they generated online by WP?
Yes, these pages are generated and you can see their IDs by going to Pages and mousing over the page titles then looking at the number that appears in your browser status bar (it should look something like this: id=NUMBERHERE). When you add the selector for each page, it should look like this:
body.page-id-NUMBERHERE div#featurenav

Replace NUMBERHERE with the page ID.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse