Sign in to follow this  
pbeaulieu_9828

Can't add a new row of feature boxes

pbeaulieu_9828

Under iblogpro feature setup, it allows you to add extra sliders and feature boxes. I added several new sliders with no problem. I then created 3 new feature boxes that I wanted to show up right under the 3 original feature boxes but they do not show up.The iblogpro notes say that the extra feature boxes will show up by default on template pages that have them. My home page of my site is using the feature page template: http://www.harrisonmarketingmd.com As you can see, the extra sliders show up plus the three original feature boxes. Please advise on how I can get the three new ones to show up. Thanks.

cmunns

Make sure that in the options you aren't limiting the number of boxes to show at 3

pbeaulieu_9828

Where exactly in the options am I looking for this. I went through all the iblogpro options. Can you be specific? Thank you.

cmunns

On the page itself where you've added the boxes not the global options.

pbeaulieu_9828

Sorry for being so obtuse but I do not see that option on the page itself. I created my home page and the only option I see is this for the feature boxes: Show feature boxes (from feature setup) on this page. This shows the feature boxes from feature setup on top of this page template. The only option that lets you change the numbers is the carousel, asking how many thumbnails do you want to display.(if you are using a carousel page). Can you be more specific? I looked at the quick edit option and the edit option for the page. Sorry if I am missing something. www.harrisonmarketingmd.com

pbeaulieu_9828

I want to be clear because I really want this to work. I am working off of the iblog pro platform, not the pagelines platform so there isn't an options for the number of feature boxes. I seems you just create more and then populate them and they should show up, correct?

cmunns

No you can see the divider line where the next boxes are supposed to or trying to show up...but you do have some js errors that might be causing something to go wrong.

pbeaulieu_9828

Something is going on, your right. It is trying to populate the div but the boxes are not showing up. I ran firebug plug-in on Firefox and here is the markup: <div class="fboxes fix"> <div class="fboxdividers fix"> <div class="fbox"> </div> <div class="fbox"> </div> <div class="fbox"> </div> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> <div class="fboxes fix"> <div class="fboxdividers fix"> </div> As you can see the first set of 'fboxes' has the three, but the second set has zero. Should I try to over right some of the java-script code with default code?

cmunns

Are you running the latest version of iBlogPro by chance?

pbeaulieu_9828

Yes, I just purchased it a month ago and I am using iblogpro version 4.

cmunns

Try resetting your boxes to default...add a fourth, and see if it shows up...download an export first tho to save the info or copy to a file

pbeaulieu_9828

I cleared out the contents and deleted the three extra boxes. That gave me a empty rectangular box as one would suspect. When I tried to add the 3 more feature boxes back (with no content) I got the straight horizontal line again, plus I completely lost the first row of original boxes. IS there any code I can write over with default code to fix this? It went from bad to worse.

pbeaulieu_9828

Ok, it's fixed, very quirky. what I did was delete all boxes and created the original three again and named them: Feature Box 1 Feature Box 2 Feature Box 3 Then I created three more boxes and named them copies of the originals and they appeared, go figure. Thanks for your help. Feature Box 1 Copy Feature Box 2 Copy Feature Box 3 Copy