Sign in to follow this  
shinysteelrobot

Remove footer from 404 page?

shinysteelrobot

So far I really like Platform Pro, and it does virtually everything I need for my site, http://www.multiforge.com . However, so far I haven't found a way to disable the Looking for something / Visit our friends / Archives areas. Is there any way to disable those on the 404 page? Thanks for any info.

Kate

Hi Justin, Go to Settings->Template Setup->404 Error Pages. Then, simply choose which elements you do (or don't) want to appear.

shinysteelrobot

Thanks for your quick reply Kate. I went to PlatformPro Settings > Template Setup > 404 Error Page. The only section is "No Posts". Unfortunately there are no options to show the "Looking for something / Visit our friends / Archives" areas as far as I can tell.

shinysteelrobot

Er, that should be, "no options to HIDE the 'Looking for something / Visit our friends / Archives'".

catrina

Try adding this CSS to your Custom Code area or the base.css file in PlatformBase:

body.error404 #footer {display: none;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

shinysteelrobot

Thanks Catrina, your response put me on the path to fixing this. In case any other PlatformPro users have this problem, here's how I solved it... Go to: PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS add this line at the end: body.error404 #morefoot {display: none;} Shazam, extra cruft is gone! http://www.multiforge.com/404 (a non-existent page) confirms it. Thanks again for your help.