Sign in to follow this  
mgravel

SEO by Yoast Title Tag Question

mgravel

I have had a lot of success with this SEO program on other non platformpro blogs, so I want to switch plugins for my platformpro themed blgo. The programs indicates to replace the Title tag in your theme header.php file to: <title><?php wp_title(''); ?></title> I don't see any title tag in the theme header and want to know if I should just insert the code there or will that conflict with some call to action for the current All In One SEO or cause any conflicts for that matter? Thanks, Mike

Simon

Platform will auto detect yoasts seo and disable its own title rewrites.

mgravel

Thanks Simon! Thats very cool. Do you know the specifics of how platform yields to yoast?

Simon

if it detects the plugin it reverts to `wp_title( '', false )` same for AIOSEO.

pfflyer
Having a bit of an issue with the Yoast plugin. Using PlatformPro 1.5.3. It does not seem to autodetect Yoast. Proof: posts and pages not showing the settings I have entered for Yoast. I know you are not tech support for Yoast. Any direction I should look?

pfflyer
Another note: on spcial pages like my search results or my contact page or my about page: THe plugin works! On a regular content page, the rewrites don't seem to work. I checked all three pages and ALL use the same Default Template, so there is no difference there. Odd!

yemoonyah
I also have a problem with PlatformPro and Yoast SEO as I get double titles. 'Auto detect' (in PlatformPro) and 'Force Rewrite Titles' (in SEO settings) do not seem to work. I know I am supposed to change the title tag to <?php wp_title(''); ?> but where and how do I do this using the Base child theme?