Sign in to follow this  
oslunddesign

move site

oslunddesign

Hi, I am moving my site from localhost:8888 to my domain. However, when I move the site, the theme becomes distorted. I did do a backup and restore using both wordpress' export and import tool. And, using pagelines backup and restore tool. Also, I tried moving over the wordpress folder and exporting the sql database. Then, I did a search and replace for localhost:8888, localhost, and the root directory in the sql file and wordpress folder. Everything I have tried resulted in a distorted version of my theme. Please help.

catrina

When you were working on your MAMP server, did you make fixes in PlatformPro or PlatformBase (the child theme)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cmunns

Can you link to the live site so we can see?

oslunddesign

Most likely, no. But, I will ask. More Information: My closest matching setup involved exporting and importing the sql file and copying over the wordpress directory. For both the sql file and everything in the wordpress directory, I did a search and replace. The only difference was in the html. When I do a differentiation between the old site and the new site, the css and javascript files match, but the html of the index and other pages don't match. Why would this happen? Note: I tried disabling and enabling the theme, but that results in the original pageline theme taking over.

oslunddesign

also, is there a release archive? I want an older version of the template for comparison.

kastelic

What do you mean by, the html of the index page doesn't match? Can you share the search and replace SQL command that you used? And did you do the export and import in phpMyAdmin or a wordpress plugin?

oslunddesign

For example, on the front page, for the blog name, where a picture, img tag, should be, there is text. In both the sql and in the wordpress directory:

• searched for the "localhost:8888" and replace it with the domain name, for example "x.com/blog".
  • searched for the document root + wordpress directory and replaced it with the new document root + wordpress directory.

I tried both and the phpMyAdmin export and import worked the best. I believe a release archive would be very helpful in solving this problem because I am using a previous version of pageline.

catrina

There is no release archive on the Launchpad. There is only the most recent versions of the themes, but no previous versions. You can try contacting hello@pagelines.com to see if they have previous releases.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Keith Vaugh

Had this very same problem earlier in the week. To rectify, I wiped the online host and re-installed WP with the basic "Hello world" post. On the local host I exported the sql file, edited it using text editor to replace all instances of localhost:8888 with the URL of the website and also adjusted the line for the image folder. Then I restored the online sql database with the modified file Next I copied all the local host files to the online host and edited thew wp-config file to ensure the database, user name and password's were correct. This worked for me, but there was a lot of fiddling with widgets, NextGEN galleries etc... before I got it going correctly

oslunddesign

well, thanks ya'll for all of the help. I'll give what Keith said a try. A release archive would be a lot of help though.