Sign in to follow this  
ibuildsocial

Missing stylesheet when uploading theme

ibuildsocial

New to wordpress.. receive this message when uploading them to WP... The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description platform Stylesheet is missing. PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "platformpro" parent theme. platformpro-2 Stylesheet is missing.

ibuildsocial

Tim, I have tried uploading that exact way ( with file zipped ). I am pretty good with programs and such - just new to wordpress. It gives me a " missing stylesheet" error when I try to upload. Not sure whats going on but really need it up and running asap because our client wants something up by Saturday! Do I have to upload a certain css files one by one?

ibuildsocial

Random Tim, but being an expert in WP, do you build sites or offer lessons? If this is something you would be interested in - blake@ibuildsocial.com

timlinson

Platform Base looks for the platformpro folder, so it's doesn't detect your parent theme since you've called it platformpro-2. Also the free "platform" theme won't get picked up by the child theme. If it's still complaining about a missing stylesheet, I'd download a fresh archive from your membership page because you don't need to upload any css files separately. For your other question, I wish I still had the time for it, but it's just not there for me these days. We do have a PL Pros page that you'll probably be interested in.

mryan
I'm having the same problem. I went to upgrade to pagelines v2.1.6 but it errored. So I went to my account and downloaded the zip and tried again. Have done several times now and have also tried to reload the older version, same result. Says it is missing the stlye.css but I checked the zip file and it is in there. Any ideas? I don't have the platform pro or the child issues as described.