Sign in to follow this  
rainbowmosaics

social media buttons question

rainbowmosaics

Hi! Was wondering if you can add a Flickr button to the group of icons (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc) that currently appear at the top of the header? If not I can put it in the sidebar but it would be cool to have it with the others. Thanks! Flo

cmunns

There may already be one. Look at the example hook used inside of the Base child theme for instructions.

catrina

A Flickr button can be added to that area. Do you have one in mind that coordinates with the look of the other icons?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

pbeaulieu_9828

I would like this also. What I did was create the two new icons (Youtube, Flickr) saved them as a .png file at 28X28 pixels into the images/iphone/folder. I then updated the _iconlinks.php file in the library folder. Here is what I put: <?php if(pagelines('flickr')):?> <div class="nav-icon"> '>flickr.png" alt="icon"/> </div> <?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('youtubelink')):?> <div class="nav-icon"> '>youtube.png" alt="icon"/> </div> <?php endif;?> These two icons will not show up in the header section of any pages, but if I change a default template, say page-feature.php (which is my home page), it shows up, but then my blog page defaults to the same style as my home page, make sense? Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please advise.

cmunns

wrap your code in ticks (tilde key) so we can see it better please

pbeaulieu_9828

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but here is the code. (<?php if(pagelines('flickr')):?> <div class="nav-icon"> '>flickr.png" alt="icon"/> </div> <?php endif;?>) (<?php if(pagelines('meetuplink')):?> <div class="nav-icon"> '>meetup.png" alt="icon"/> </div> <?php endif;?>) (<?php if(pagelines('youtubelink')):?> <div class="nav-icon"> '>youtube.png" alt="icon"/> </div> <?php endif;?>)

silverscape

Is there any simple resolution to adding 'social media' icons to the top header nav bar? It seems this issue has been outstanding for over a month on this form? Thanks Kindly Jason

catrina

Using a hook is the most ideal way. You'll just need the appropriate image icon for the link you want to pace

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Using a hook is the most ideal way. You'll just need the appropriate image icon for the link you want to pace

Designer | Catrina Dulay

pbeaulieu_9828

I asked this question over a month ago and it was never resolved. I gave you the code I changed. What does using a hook mean?

silverscape

Thanks Catrina, but a 'hook' sounds like an advanced piece of PHP code that needs to be added to the 'base' pagelines framework. Is there anyway you could be more specific on your answer? A number of us newbies what you are referring to. Perhaps you could post a: a. Sample piece of code to do this? What icon we want to use is irrelevant. b. What file in the 'editor' that needs to be adjusted This thread has been open for a while now. Thanks Jason

rainbowmosaics

not being a coder by profession, I try my best to keep up with answers that use technical jargon but sometimes I am left in the dust - like with the "hook thingy". An example with a good step-by-step would be most helpful! Thanks again so much for all of your help.

pbeaulieu_9828

I will say you guys have really failed at this post miserably. This is a great product. Maybe you should ask one of the developers how we can go about doing this. Referring me the the parent/child theme is worthless. Having the child theme only gives you greater control. You still, and NONE OF YOU have answered this question. Can this question be escalated to people who know. If it can't, I will be using my social media resources, 70K+ twitter followers, and all my other channels and create a post of the absurdity of your answers. We, the people who are asking, are not full-time web developers. Isn't the point of having a CMS, besides the admin back-end, is the ease of use. This whole thread is simply unacceptable and challenging my patience.