Sign in to follow this  
donald

feature page problems on Iblog pro

donald

Hello, I have been using the themes for well over a year now with no problems. Currently, I am using the feature page- default as my home page. Today, I needed to make a new page (one that has nothing to do with the feature page) and after it was created I went to the home page and the new page had replaced the feature page as the home page. I looked at all of my setting and they were correct, according to what I have the new page should not have replaced the home/feature page-default I already had in place. So, I decided to erase the new page I made, and eliminated it as well from the trash. I then returned to the home page and had the same address as the page I had just erases and showed a 404. I then tried to erase the cache and it didn't work. I am at my wits end and my web page is not functioning correctly. Please help! In advance, I tried looking for a similar topic to this one and didn't find it... if there is already something please send me a link. Donald www.inglesparaninos.cl

cmunns

I don't see the problem. If you have SETTINGS - READING set correctly you shouldn't get a 404

donald

Adam, I agree... I shouldn??t have got a 404. The 404 came after erasing the newly created page. It appeared when I typed in www.inglesparaninos.cl (site address). This should have led me to www.inglesparaninos.cl with the feature page-default page, but it lead to www.inglesparaninos.cl/email (this is the page I had just created and then erased) and this is where the 404 came. This puzzles me because this page should have been completely erased. If you look at my page as I have it now I had to do a makeshift fix. I recreated the www.inglesparaninos.cl/email page and then designated that page as the feature page. So my home page is now: www.inglesparaninos.cl/email. My desire is to have my homepage as www.inglesparaninos.cl (using a blank page as I had before with the feature page default) I have no idea what happened here. I hope I have been a bit clearer as to what occurred. Any help is greatly appreciated!

donald

Forgot to mention I use the PageMash plugin. I have always used it though and have created several pages I don't want to show up on the menu and then hide them so they are only accessed through a link. I have never had any problems before using pagemash (if this is the issue). Thanks

catrina

You should try deactivating the PageMash plugin or any other plugins) to see if any of them is the cause of the problem.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

donald

I have tried erasing pagemash and my page order and then deleting cache. None of it works. My apologies... the site I am working on is www.inglesadomicilio.cl. The other one I mentioned earlier: www.inglesparaninos.cl has the same problem but I am hoping that once I get this one fixed I will know how to fix the other one as well. Any other suggestions? Thanks Catrina for suggesting this. I am trying many different things here on my end. As you can see if you go to www.inglesadomicilio.cl it reverts to www.inglesadomicilio.cl/email.(as I said before this is a page which has been completely erased) Please continue with the suggestions.

donald

Just discovered that it was the Redirection plugin Version 2.2.5 which is odd because I don't have anything redirected with that plugin at the moment. I deactivated it and everything went back to normal. I looked and this is the latest version. Has anyone else had problems with it? Anyone have a better redirection plugin. Thanks for all the help!

JohnMagic

I just deactivated a redirection plugin on iBlog Pro cause it messed up things.

donald

Sorry to hear that John, but I am glad that the problem wasn??t isolated to just me.