Sign in to follow this  
italoprofeti

HD based movie inside feature

italoprofeti

Hi! I wonder how I can put a movie from the WP library itself (thus not from YT or the like) when this is .mov or .m4v and not flash

cmunns

It accepts any HTML inside that box.

italoprofeti

Well, I can't say I know HTML. Maybe I should have bought some other software package where I could simply click and drag. I realize I don't even understand where I'm wrong :-D I inserted the same movie in a post via WP library and then switched from visual to HTML. I found a line like but it does not work inside feature media area. Could you post an example of how to insert a movie in that slider? Just for us who'd simply like to drag and drop? :-D

catrina
I inserted the same movie in a post via WP library and then switched from visual to HTML. I found a line like
Did you to intend to paste some kind of code or text something after this?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

italoprofeti

Sorry for the delay. I'm assuming we are in two different time zones. nevermind, it didn't work anyway. in substance, I'd like to have a feature slider show one of 3-5 demo movies, depending to which btn the viewer clicks or hovers above (?) I bought this software for it was drag and drop, but it is not click and drag, not over the basics. Features like contents of a feature pane, or its size, colors and location, name of its btns, should definitely become btn-driven, i.e. click and drag. can you help me? I'm an eager pupil, I learn fast, but I need guidance. I definitely can not spend another two afternoons for every 3-line programming piece. could you jot down a couple of examples of how to put movies of allowed format in a feature slide pane, and put it in the "how to" section? :-)

Kate

Hi italoprofeti, We would have to know what player you're using. There are examples out of the box using YouTube videos.

italoprofeti

I understand well that you mean I need to know which player I will embed together with the link? (1) or do you mean which type of movie I want to use? (2) Well, as you understand I'm a complete newbie, so my answer to (2) is: the most universal; my answer to (1) is: could you point to something? Pleeease??¦ :-)

catrina

Yes, we do mean which player and the universal would be YouTube. The movies can be uploaded to YouTube and then the embed code for them can be pasted into the slides.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

italo

Absolutely! Except for movies that must reside on private servers, and cannot go public. So, YT is not an option all the time. I need to put them in slides, that can show the movie from inside the slider page which I'll make static and password protected. I'm am thinking of mp4 file, I suppose??¦ Could you jot down an example of embedding with that, full width? :-) italo

catrina

You can probably upload your movie to the website and then use a video player plugin to display the movie in the feature (here's an example plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stream-video-player/)

Designer | Catrina Dulay