Sign in to follow this  
alisamski

Full post inside sidebar

alisamski

Pagelines 1.3 Is it possible to put a category-specific full post inside a content sidebar? Dynamically. This way I can show two pics and full content. Without html-ing the widget.

cmunns

Without using your own HTML?...would have to go the plugin route but you often lose fine-tune control that wya.

alisamski

Possible to perhaps make a soapbox that has an extra area for a second pic in a "category specific" full post that would dynamically appear?

Kate

Hi Alisa, Still would need to use a plugin for that...

alisamski

what... no php magic loops?

alisamski

That would to be able to upload a selected blog logo that will go in the same spot all the time. Then inserting a post (via a category, lets say "blog-spotlight" and in doing so, will be able to place a "feature" picture. I have "content boxes" on the page already, and I have a post via "Feature Post" plugin inside a widget at the bottom of page.

catrina
That would to be able to upload a selected blog logo that will go in the same spot all the time.
How will this blog logo be selected? Is this a series of blog logos that will show up at random or will you manually select it to show up each time?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alisamski

Assume that the logos will be uploaded manually, along with a post highlighting that particular blog... and the usual "manually" uploaded feature picture to go along with it. Updated manually on a weekly basis. although it would be cool to have a random post appear dynamically upon refresh.. But then again, that's what the man wants today anyway!

cmunns

dynamic is always the way to. A custom little loop would serve you well but serving an additional featured image (a logo) would require that you just include the image into the post itself.? You can't show 2 featured image per se using the featured image box