Sign in to follow this  
jasonp

How can I add any RSS latest post to my page?

jasonp

Hi there! How can I embed the latest item in an RSS feed into a page on my WHP theme? Specifically, I would like to add the title and link to my latest Huffington Post article in my bio and make sure it always stays updated. Is this possible, perhaps with some fancy html or with a wordpress plugin? I did some google searching and it seemed surprisingly difficult to find good information on this. All the best, Jason

cmunns

I'm not aware of any plugins that would do this. Have you checked for any? Also, is the RSS feed coming from another site? This will likely involve some custom coding.

jasonp

Yes (HuffPo, in this case). And I looked and couldn't really find anytime -- all I'm looking though is for the title of the latest feed item to appear in the page (in my bio), for it to be a link, and to update as the feed itself updates. Thoughts? Thanks so much, Jason

cmunns

So you want a link to your most recent posts, or is it a feed from somewhere else?

jasonp

Feed from somewhere else, my huffingtonpost rss

Andrew

I've had to do this before using SimplePie plugin... check it out.. we may need to hard code some php code into the '_posts.php' file though.. Andrew