3 replies to this topic

#1 mtantow

mtantow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hi, I'd like to add some content (java script and other) automatically after every post that is published. How do I do this: box, banner, universal sidebar, full-width sidebar. I've tried all of them, but it was either all the way on the bottom (with white space between) or it didn't work. I am already using boxes and the universal sidebar. Reference:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks for your suggestions, Martin

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

You looking for ad code or sharing tool? Can do this with a hook. Here is a thread you can use to reference on hooks

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 mtantow

mtantow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hi Adam, Thanks. Not sure if the hooks are for me. I thought I could do this easier with the Template Setup. Ideally I'd have a widget-TXT where I can enter several things: a banner, some java script, some text etc. Whatever I put, it comes right after the Single Post Content Or maybe I don't fully understand the hook concept?

#4 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

You can do it that way if you want, but it just won't be as robust. Go to Appearance > Widgets and put your text widget in the "Content Sidebar" Then go back to Template Setup and select "Single Post Content Area" from the dropdown menu. Drag the Content Sidebar over to the active side and in the right order.