Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

bbPress, Config files salts

Question

Posted · Report post

I ran into an interesting problem during my integration of Platform & bbpress. I noticed that while logged into WP and going to the forum I wasn't shown as logged in. I thought I had everything working last week so I started checking. In verifying that WordPress Integration (on bbPress) was set up correctly I went to check the salts in options.php as noted on the page. When I got to the secure_auth_salt I noticed this was not shown on my options.php page. I then pulled up wp-config.php and noticed the salts shown there do not match what is showing on options.php. Do I need to update the options page or config file? Do I need to reload something to get things to sink up? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, John

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The salts on your bb-config file need to match the ones in your wp-config file if you want shared logins.

Posted · Report post

Salts or keys? The keys do match between the two files (wp-config & bb-config)but when I look at the salts in wp-config.php and what options.php shows they don't match up.