Photo
- - - - -

PageLine Boxes to Wrap and Not Cut Into Sidebar?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sgodar

sgodar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

Is this possible? I want the Boxes to wrap to the width of the content and NOT cut into the right sidebar...

Also, how do I get rid of the little black margin at the top and bottom of the page?!

Here's what's happening:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you in advance!

Scott G.

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi Scott,
If you have a link to your site, that would be very helpful. In the meantime, you can try adjusting the width of "boxes" (in your custom CSS). For instance:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 sgodar

sgodar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks so much for you help Kate! I tried entering that code you provided and changed the width to 640px but it didn't change anything. I'm using PageLines Boxes - not the soapboxes if that makes a difference. And if you got to the site you'll notice that you don't see the boxes... Obviously, I removed it from the template layout b/c the site is receiving a nice amount of daily traffic. Scott G.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Width is set dynamically using the .content class so the code Kate provided will not work, but it looks like you removed the boxes all together anyway.

#5 sgodar

sgodar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Adam! I don't know how to fix that... I put the boxes back on the website and will leave it up for a couple of hours. The reason I don't want to leave it on is because clients visit the site all day long and I don't want a completely deformed front page... Which is what it is...

I want to set up: ######NAV####### ##FEATURE#SIDEBA ##FEATURE#SIDEBA ##BOX#BOX#SIDEBA ##BOX#BOX#SIDEBA ##CONTENT#SIDEBA ##CONTENT#SIDEBA ##CONTENT#SIDEBA ##CONTENT#SIDEBA ##CONTENT#SIDEBA ####FOOTER###### Thanks.

#6 sgodar

sgodar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Is there no one that can help me with this?! I've searched the forums up and down. I've seen this question asked a couple of times but haven't seen any fixes that work... Probably b/c they apply to SOAPBOXES and not regular ole PageLine Boxes... Help. Please. I can't leave the site like this for another 24 hrs. but am trying to leave it up so anyone who can help can see the issue...

Thanks...

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

This css should work if you want to use: ` .home .dcol_2 { width: 300px!important; } `

#8 sgodar

sgodar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

I can't flipping believe it! ...So simple... So sad...

Adam Thank You! Your code plus raising the sidebar even HIGHER worked perfectly... Thank you thank YOU THANK You!

Scott