• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jellnet

jellnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

I need to add a link (to another page in my site) to the background image as setup in: Site Background Image (Optional) Setup A Background Image For The Background Of Your Site Background Image Upload Image Remove Set Background Image Repeat Vertical Position In Percent Horizontal Position In Percent

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Its hard for me to imagine how this is going to work out without seeing the site. You can't put a link on a background image, especially if its a page wrapper becuase you can't put a link on that element without serious problems, but we could probably place an anchor tag above the specific section you need to be a link using jQuery.

#3 jellnet

jellnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

my site is www.jellnet.com. I'd like to move the Join Beta Icon/image to the top of the page just under the social links and have it appear on each page in the site. I don't understand your reply as the behavior I need is the same as any of the social link icons.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

You need to use a hook to place the image/link below the social media icons. In your functions.php file something like ` add_action('pagelines_after_branding_icons','beta_button'); function beta_button(){?> your code goes here

#5 jellnet

jellnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the hint, but I am not a programmer and the link and the image will change over time. Any other thoughts.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

then how did you place the button in the first place?