Photo

Understanding Feature codes for StationPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hey Guys! Again congratulations on the creation of some great themes and on your video section. LOVE Firebug! Thanks for that! Here's my question: I'm a noobie when it comes to using code and just when I thought I was wrapping my head around things conceptually, the Feature page set-up for the homepage threw me. Yep i did create a feature and blog page per your instructions in the Settings>Reading (front set to "feature"; posts set to "blog". I don't see the 3 feature boxes beneath though.) How do I use the h1, class, etc. instructions? Where do I put the code according to your instructions on the "Using the Feature Page Template" in the admin panel under Appearance>StationPro Guide please?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

I don't see the 3 feature boxes beneath though.)

Which template did you select? there are two w/ the feature page... one with the boxes and one with 'page content'

How do I use the h1, class, etc. instructions?

Did you get the 'filler' content that's added when you install?

You will just want to format your content with appropriate `

your title

your subtitle

your content...

`

#3 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

The 3 feature boxes are located in the StationPro Feature menu under appearances, which is above the StationPro Guide. The bottom three tabs called "feature box 1", "feature box 2", etc. are the three modules underneath the slider. Simply replace the text between the <h3> and <p> tags in each section. If you need more help I'll need more info describing the exact difficulty you're having. Also, glad you liked the videos...feel free to comment on them if you like.

#4 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Sorry about that...StationPro is the theme we chose...

#5 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hey Adam...thanks for your note...I think I'm looking in the wrong spot or something is missing. According to your note, I followed your instructions to get to feature box 1, feature box 2, etc. StationPro Admin>StationPro Feature menu (above the SP guide). That page is all about timing and transitions. I'm stumped...

#6 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hey Adam..."Simply replace the text between the <h3> and <p> tags in each section" Where exactly is this? Where would I find it? In the admin panel? Where? Here's the URL: http://ccconsultingnyc.com If you need my user/pw, let me know and I'll email you...thanks again!

#7 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Ok...The custom fields...is that where I put the special code h1, h3, etc. as well as image/media URLs?

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:37 AM

You may of had an issue with the defaults on install. Can you hit the 'restore features to default' button on bottom of the feature setup?

#9 romsupreme

romsupreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Andrew! That did the trick!