Photo
- - - - -

Newbie needs help with StationPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 gregdemop

gregdemop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi PageLines. Just purchased Station Pro to help a friend create a website. I'm a total newbie at this. I offered to learn WordPress, so it helps me out as well. But to get things rolling, I really could use some instruction on a couple things... 1. What are the dimensions I should use to create a logo header for the site? 2. How can I remove the PageLines logo from the site? I will gladly leave a note at the bottom of the page in the footer, but would like to remove the logo. 3. Speaking of the footer, how do I place the standard copyright, etc. info in the footer? 4) And final question. How do I make the front page the blog/news page? Do I need to just create a post or do I need to set up this page first? Your assistance is most appreciated. As I mentioned, I'm a total newbie at this and am glad to have gotten as far as I have with the site to this point. Thanks, Greg

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

1. What are the dimensions I should use to create a logo header for the site?

Basically this is totally up to your creative decision. There is an option in this theme make the header height larger if you want to use a big image.

2. How can I remove the PageLines logo from the site? I will gladly leave a note at the bottom of the page in the footer, but would like to remove the logo.

That's fine... write us a quick note at hello at pagelines.com and we'll help you w/ this.

3. Speaking of the footer, how do I place the standard copyright, etc. info in the footer?

Did you see the 'terms' theme option?

4) And final question. How do I make the front page the blog/news page? Do I need to just create a post or do I need to set up this page first?

This is done under settings > 'reading' I believe

ap