Photo
- - - - -

Home Page Craziness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 rick0731

rick0731

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

Can somebody tell me why there are SO many bugs in this theme?? I love the look, but I make a minor text change and my ENTIRE home page reverts back to the just installed homepage. Even happens when NO html changes are involved, so please don't say its code. I work on all kinds of other themes and this never happens. Just changing text words on Feature 1 on a fresh install. Anyone have this happen to them??? Thanks

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

this is a rare thing that we've only seen a couple times... we haven't been able to duplicate the issue however. In every case, customers have worked it out. Couple questions... what browser are you using? what host are you on? are you direct navigating to any links with the word 'action' in the url?

#3 rick0731

rick0731

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

Every installation I tried it on is hosted at Hostgator and using Firefox. I would understand if there are minor glitches to the particular section I'm working on, but it wipes the entire home page... all the Feature 1, 2, 3 and the Feature 1, 2, 3. I work for hours getting it just right and then all of a sudden, wham!!! And no "action" in the URL.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

ok weird... Very sorry about the problem. So they just disappear? Anything particular you're doing that could be causing the issue? (adding widgets, setting options etc..) For now, please use the backup in DB button on bottom from time to time.. (and restore if you have a problem)

#5 rick0731

rick0731

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

So... you're telling me nobody else has mentioned this before???

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:46 AM

yes, twice actually.. once because they were direct navigating to a Url; and once because of some weirdness that we attributed to GoDaddy's DB connection. HostGator is a good host, so I don't think its the problem here. If you want to email me at andrew at gmail (dot) com, I can dig up some of those emails. So this is as far as I know, a rare issue. It makes me nervous though because we can't figure out what about certain systems cause the problem (its been different every time). One thing I might look into is which plugins you're using? Is there anything else different about your setup?

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

another question: which theme/version?

#8 rick0731

rick0731

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

Again, I really like the look and frankly have tried to find something better (and more stable). But... I keep coming back! iBlogPro3 3.5.5

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

oh! Let me get you 3.6.3 . In this version we've added some redundancy specifically to prevent this. Just email us at hello at pagelines.com