Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Home Page Craziness

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can somebody tell me why there are SO many bugs in this theme?? I love the look, but I make a minor text change and my ENTIRE home page reverts back to the just installed homepage. Even happens when NO html changes are involved, so please don't say its code. I work on all kinds of other themes and this never happens. Just changing text words on Feature 1 on a fresh install. Anyone have this happen to them??? Thanks

Posted · Report post

this is a rare thing that we've only seen a couple times... we haven't been able to duplicate the issue however. In every case, customers have worked it out. Couple questions... what browser are you using? what host are you on? are you direct navigating to any links with the word 'action' in the url?

Posted · Report post

Every installation I tried it on is hosted at Hostgator and using Firefox. I would understand if there are minor glitches to the particular section I'm working on, but it wipes the entire home page... all the Feature 1, 2, 3 and the Feature 1, 2, 3. I work for hours getting it just right and then all of a sudden, wham!!! And no "action" in the URL.

Posted · Report post

ok weird... Very sorry about the problem. So they just disappear? Anything particular you're doing that could be causing the issue? (adding widgets, setting options etc..) For now, please use the backup in DB button on bottom from time to time.. (and restore if you have a problem)

Posted · Report post

So... you're telling me nobody else has mentioned this before???

Posted · Report post

yes, twice actually.. once because they were direct navigating to a Url; and once because of some weirdness that we attributed to GoDaddy's DB connection. HostGator is a good host, so I don't think its the problem here. If you want to email me at andrew at gmail (dot) com, I can dig up some of those emails. So this is as far as I know, a rare issue. It makes me nervous though because we can't figure out what about certain systems cause the problem (its been different every time). One thing I might look into is which plugins you're using? Is there anything else different about your setup?

Posted · Report post

another question: which theme/version?

Posted · Report post

Again, I really like the look and frankly have tried to find something better (and more stable). But... I keep coming back! iBlogPro3 3.5.5

Posted · Report post

oh! Let me get you 3.6.3 . In this version we've added some redundancy specifically to prevent this. Just email us at hello at pagelines.com