Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StationPro 2.1.1 Footer Sidebar config?

Question

Posted · Report post

I want to customize the footer sidebars, but when I go to appearance > widgets there are no options for customizing? I expand one of the footers and the options box is empty? Is this normal? Do I need to go elsewhere to customize this?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If the footer widget containers are empty, you'll be seeing the default widgets on your site. Just drag and drop a widget into the container to replace the default widget. If you'd like to hide it you can set this under "Appearance > [theme] Options > Sidebar Options"

Posted · Report post

I'm confused...in the "More Info" (under Footer Options > Footer Sidebars) it says... "This enables three widgetized sidebars in your footer that can be customized in the appearance > widgets panel in the admin" Why can I not customize them like it says? Do I have to go out and look for widgets that look like the ones already there? Here is a link to the site to see what I mean... http://www.fittoperform.net

Posted · Report post

OH mbettich. Are you asking to customize the text that appears in those default widgets? By customize, we were referring to being able to drag and drop any other widget into footer_left, footer_middle, footer-right widget containers. If you'd like to modify the default widgets you'll have to modify that content directly in the footer.php file.

Posted · Report post

OOOOHHH, oksy, I'll go and look at the footer.php file and let you know if I still have questions :)) Thanks :)