Photo
- - - - -

StationPro 2.1.1 Footer Sidebar config?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mbettich

mbettich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

I want to customize the footer sidebars, but when I go to appearance > widgets there are no options for customizing? I expand one of the footers and the options box is empty? Is this normal? Do I need to go elsewhere to customize this?

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

If the footer widget containers are empty, you'll be seeing the default widgets on your site. Just drag and drop a widget into the container to replace the default widget. If you'd like to hide it you can set this under "Appearance > [theme] Options > Sidebar Options"

#3 mbettich

mbettich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

I'm confused...in the "More Info" (under Footer Options > Footer Sidebars) it says...

"This enables three widgetized sidebars in your footer that can be customized in the appearance > widgets panel in the admin"

Why can I not customize them like it says? Do I have to go out and look for widgets that look like the ones already there?

Here is a link to the site to see what I mean...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

OH mbettich. Are you asking to customize the text that appears in those default widgets? By customize, we were referring to being able to drag and drop any other widget into footer_left, footer_middle, footer-right widget containers. If you'd like to modify the default widgets you'll have to modify that content directly in the footer.php file.

#5 mbettich

mbettich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

OOOOHHH, oksy, I'll go and look at the footer.php file and let you know if I still have questions :)) Thanks :)