Hiding the title and text for boxes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

I am still getting used to the interface, i am sure i set the boxes to "Image only" via a dropdown to hide the title and the text, but i cannot seem to find that setting again and i am starting to think i imagined it. Can this be done and where do i find the option to mark it image only?

#2 Stefan

Stefan

Business Manager

• Administrators
  • 156 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Framework Version:trunk

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hi Quintin,

You can find the specific setting by going to the Add new post interface and looking over the PageLines Meta Settings, located under the text input area :)

The Meta settings contain a Boxes Section, where you have the option you are looking for, called Box Thumb Position.

Reference:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hey Quintin, First, if you don't give a title or add text, then they won't show up :) Second, if you keep those, then you can hide them via CSS. Use "display:none" on their parent containers. You can post a link to your site if you need additional help.

#4 canoconsulting

canoconsulting

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hi Kate, I have a similar problem...if you go to my site at: www.rickcano.com you'll see that I've got the first row of Thumbs using the Pagelines Pro Boxes. I've been able to style everything exactly like I want but I'd like to get my titles above the Image. I've tried everything and I can't seem to find the necessary css or php code to take care of this. I would be forever in your debt. Chocolate?? Thanks, RCano

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Couldn't you just choose the option for thumbs to the left, but make them big enough so it takes up the whole space and drops the title to the next line?

#6 canoconsulting

canoconsulting

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

Thank you Adam...but I tried that and it did drop the title to the next line but the title is not on Top of the Image...its to the right side. There's got to be an easier way to get the titles on top and styled the way they look right now with them at the bottom. I've tried several codes from threads here and have been able to get them to the top but it compresses the grey color and the text within the title. Thanks again, Rick

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

I'm closing this thread...let's stick to one thread.