Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feature slider issue

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all! I was setting up the features slider and I have an issue: It works when I set the feature post source to feature posts but does not work when I set it to Use post category ( I also put the name of the category in post category id). The slider only shows : No feature posts matched this pages criteria. I have spent the day on this and can't figure out how to fix... Thanks for your help ;)

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Have you double checked to make sure you're using the correct post category ID? You're only allowed to use the ID numbers, not the post category slug names.

Posted · Report post

I have tried with numbers. I don't know how to get those ID numbers but I only have 3 categories and I have tried 1, 2 & 3...

Posted · Report post

Hi Bruce, I know this is an "obvious" question, but I have to ask: do you have posts assigned to the categories you're trying?

Posted · Report post

Hi Kate, Yes I do have posts assigned to that category. Do you know how to find the category's ID? Maybe that I am not using the right IDs... By the way the carrousel works great and so does the feature slider when using 'feature posts'...

Posted · Report post

So it appears it is a Platform Pro bug:

Simon : Open sections/??‹features/??‹section.features.php Line 311 change $query['post_type'] = 'posts'; into: $query['post_type'] = 'post'; Fixed in later releases.
How do I open sections/??‹features/??‹section.features.php?

Posted · Report post

Anybody knows where to go to paste the above fix?

Posted · Report post

You will need a FTP client to get to that directory as the theme editor won't show it to you.