Photo
- - - - -

How To Adjust Width Of a Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 beyondyours

beyondyours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

Hi Guys I am trying to adjust the width of one page on our site. The codes below don't seem to work. Any suggestions? I am using STATIONPRO template. (.page-id-142) .container {width:500;} (.page-id-142) #pagewrap {width:500;} (#post-142) .container {width:500;} (#post-142) #pagewrap {width:500;} (page ID) .container {width:xxx;} (page ID) #pagewrap {width:xxx;}

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

can you post a live link with those css rules applied? Its probably a CSS hierarchy thing...

#3 beyondyours

beyondyours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:15 AM

Hi Guys I would but its a private site that we will be launching soon. I will tell, I promise but we are under NDA's right now. What might the issue be that causes the page width coding above to not work? You metnioned CSS hierarchy. I will try whatever you guys suggest. I can cut and paste code in my replies. Whatever it takes. Thanks! :-)

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

Just add a px to the end of your values. You have a numeric value, but the browser doesn't know what the value is measured in. ` (.page-id-142) .container {width:500px;} (.page-id-142) #pagewrap {width:500px;} `

#5 beyondyours

beyondyours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:09 AM

it works - of course. thanks. BUT now my header graphic is too wide. is there some custom css i can use to alter the width of the header graphic? or do i need to upload a customized header graphic and link to it or something? let me know. thanks!