• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hey Pagelines! Click here for the access link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And now here:

You see, all the carousel images, which are supposed to be post thumbnails, are pulling in the same thumbnail. Click around to see what's happening. Any advice? I have no clue. Thanks! Nick

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Did you already upgrade to the latest version of PlatformPro (1.4)?

#3 nrbeatty

nrbeatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Hi Catrina, This is WHP, not PlatformPro. Thanks, Nick

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Ah, thanks. Did you already deactivate any plugins? Which version do you have?

#5 nrbeatty

nrbeatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

WHP 3.1.0. If I upgrade to 3.1.5, I may risk losing some customization that was not handled via custom css. I worked with Adam (see

)on getting the Carousel to display PostThumbnails atop the Posts page. It was working great, and now it is not. Would you or Adam be able to read through that old topic? Perhaps you'll read that, and then then think about any recent Wordpress updates or something that might have changed the functionality of this code? Thanks!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

The 3.1.4 update for WHP has a note saying that a carousel issue for version 3.1 was fixed. I think you should back up everything in your current theme and upgrade to see if that fixes your problem then apply the changes that weren't made using custom CSS.

#7 nrbeatty

nrbeatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

OK, will try. Quick Q: I downloaded the latest zip file from Pagelines, and tried to install this theme (in order to upgrade WHP), but it says the folder already exists. So...what is the best way to upgrade WHP when it needs to be done manually? Or do you guys push the updates to Wordpress.org? That would be great. Please advise.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

Keep your current install of WHP backed up on your computer and follow this tutorial carefully:

Once your theme is installed, you may refer to your previous install to apply the customization to the upgraded install.

#9 nrbeatty

nrbeatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Hi Catrina, I've upgraded WHP to the latest, but that simply removed the customization Adam and I worked on. I'm going to stick with the latest, but I have 3 related questions: 1) How do I display BOXES on the homepage, when the homepage is the Posts page? There is an option to show the feature slider on the Posts page, but not for boxes? 2) How do I show posts on a page called News? I have the Carousel displaying PostThumbs on the News page, but the posts are only directed to the homepage. (I know I can create a static homepage, but then the posts aren't on the homepage...) 3) How do I show the carousel on all single-post page? I apologize for 3 Qs, but these are all interrelate to what topic2692 was trying to figure out, and this upgrade didn't solve any carousel issues. Thanks Catrina or Adam! Nick

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

If you create a category called "News" you can set the posts to that category and create a custom menu (Appearance > Menus) in which the "News" category page link can be one of menu items. That way, you don't have to set your homepage as a static page.

#11 nrbeatty

nrbeatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Catrina, I took your idea and used a plug-in (Post Page Associator) for a similar effect, but keeps the carousel atop the page, b/c it's still a true page and not a category page. Can you address these latter two questions? 1) How do I display BOXES on the homepage, when the homepage is the Posts page? There is an option to show the feature slider on the Posts page, but not for boxes? 3) How do I show the carousel on all single-post page, using custom CSS vs editing a file, in which I'll lose the code when I upgrade?

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

For 1 above go into template_posts.php and find this line: `if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID))) $fboxes_template = true;` change it to: `if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID)) || is_home()) $fboxes_template = true;` The carousel isn't possible to show on single post pages with just CSS...you would have to track changes to the core files.