Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Add links into header (site branding bit)

Question

Posted · Report post

Been having a read about this and looking at hooks, however my functions.php is pretty much empty? I'm using Platform Pro Dev.... am I missing something here? Just want to add a couple of links next to the social icons with "Staff login" and "Client login" with links to somewhere else. Go easy on me I'm new here ;)

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I also was looking for a "template.override.php" for this, but can't find the one to override.. Can someone point us in the right direction? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Karen, in order to use the hooks available in the theme, you need to activate the child theme (PlatformBase) first and then you can begin to work from there. This tutorial is also helpful in hook implementation: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme Jackey, what was your intention for looking for the template.override.php file?

Posted · Report post

@Catrina I see that the hooks provide more that enough possibilities for this... thanks!

Posted · Report post

You're welcome!

Posted · Report post

So I have to use the Platform Base rather than Platform Pro? When I enable Platform Base it seems to change a lot of the layout and customisation I've already setup within Platform Pro? Will I have to re-do this all under the Platform Base theme? Thanks

Posted · Report post

How did you make customizations to the PPro? If you didn't edit core files then you should be fine. You can also export theme settings then re-import if some get lost.

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys, I would also very much like to do this too but am afraid my lack of php knowledge will make me mess up when it comes to adding hooks. Also, when I have created the 'client login link' I would really like to achieve an 'app' style page the user is directed to once he/she has logged in. A page similar to the membership page on Pagelines would be perfect (see http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php). How hard would it be to achieve this, and do any of you guys freelance if I can't do it? Otherwise are there any more detailed forms of Pagelines training out there you can point me to that deal with this? Many thanks Jamie