Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Main menu color questions

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I hope this makes sense-please see Bebetsy.com I need a bit of help on the following (all related to the menu color) 1) have each menu item be a different color 2) add a hover text color to that main menu 3) have the posts titles under the menu item be the same color I found the following code on the forums to change each menu to a different color. This seems to work for my first question. Hopefully this is coded correctly. If not, please advise. #menu-item-37 a, #menu-item-37 .sub-menu li a{ color:#89cdfa !important; text-shadow:none !important} Thanks! Sharon

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

That is correct. Now to have the hover simply add: `:hover` to the end of the a elements e.g. `a:hover` for page title you will need to find the page id which you can find attached to the body tag in the form of class='......page-id-xx....

Posted · Report post

Thanks Adam for the quick reply! I am just learning CSS so if you could send me back my code with where you would place the :hover it would be helpful. Although I am using Firebug it is still difficult to understand how to put it all together. Also, can you send me a bit more information about my other questions and your reply aboutthe class=' that would be helpful too. Learning bit by bit. Thanks again. Sharon

Posted · Report post

The CSS code for your menu items would look something like this (note the placement of

a:hover
):
#menu-item-37 a:hover, #menu-item-37 .sub-menu li a:hover {
	color:#89cdfa !important;
	text-shadow:none !important}

You may customize the styling according to your wishes. You will have to change the color hex code since the code I provided has the "un-hovered" color for the links. For further help and customization options, see here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina for your help. The code didn't quite work as I had thought it might. I tried a number of scenarios but couldn't get the affect I was looking for. Perhaps a little different explanation: I want to keep all the different menu text colors with a hover of a lightly darker text color based on the menu color. I could not find very many posts that have to do with using multiple colors for each menu and sub menu or have the posts headings under each menu the same color. Thanks again, Sharon

Posted · Report post

It's possible to do multiple colors for each menu item link color by using specific CSS (i.e. one color Menu Item #1, one color for Menu Item #2, etc.). Is this what you're looking for?