doflip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

I'm using cforms in PlatformPro, I found this article in Pagelines suport pages

http://www.pagelines.com/docs/supported-plugins

The problem is that if i follow the instructions, and deactivate the CSS styling the date picker stops to work.

Is this normal?

Thanks

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

the date picker inside of the forms? There may have to be added CSS theme support for that. Do yo have a link to the form?

#3 doflip

doflip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yes Adam,

you have to activate the javascript date picker in cforms II options.

My point is, does PlatformPro have a alternate date picker for us to use when folloing the instructions in pageline support pages?

Becouse I did what is said:

Make SURE to disable default styling of the forms under ???cformsII???>???stying???. This will allow our stylesheet to take over.

and my date picker is not working, despite the option activated.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:17 AM

What CSS are you using to control the form's styling?

#5 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

I had the same problem because I needed the date picker working. When I disabled CSS in Cforms (to get the theme styled form look) the datepicker stopped working (and so did the captcha refresh button, and if I remember correctly the captcha wouldn't complete even if the user entered it right). I'm sure there's some kinda work around by figuring out which CSS is relevant, but instead I just landed up having to pick one of the CSS themes that comes with Cforms. I've had this problem with StationPro and EcoPro. Your best bet would be to activate one of the CSS themes that comes with Cforms and mess with the CSS via firebug to change the look of it to your liking (if necessary). I just landed up using one that didn't look too off with my theme, you can see it here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Filipe, you can try Christopher's solution and from there, we could help you do the CSS customization using Firebug.

#7 doflip

doflip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Yes Christopher, that's what I finally did, re-activate the cforms css styling, and with the help of firebug I'm fine tuning the forms styles.

So I guess the answer to my initial question is:

The refereed support page is missing a note, saying that in scenario that you need to use a date picker, that best choice is to customize one of the supplied styles.

I'm still working on the form, but this is the direct link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content