Photo
- - - - -

iBlogPro3 3.5.1 - Sidebar List Icon Options

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 gregory-johnson

gregory-johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

In the iBlogPro3 3.5.1 theme, sidebar items are easily delineated by the light line between them and the additional spacing.

However, when bullets are included in the HTML text of of a text widget (for example), the theme seems to strip these out.

Having specific icon control under iBlogPro3 Options > Sidebar Options > Sidebar List Icons is a nice feature to customize bullets.

Yet, it would be nice to simply have default bullets as an option. Or, a few bullet icons displayed to choose from.

The instructions found on the Sidebar Options page indicate, "To use your own replace the icons located in the 'images'>'icons' folder"

It's not clear what a person is to do. Under the icons folder, there are numerous icons listed. Which one(s) get replaced? With what? Are there standards?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Which one(s) get replaced? With what? Are there standards?

No standards... If you'd like your own icons in the theme just replace the icons in 'images' > 'icons' with your own.

I will try and add this to the readme at some point.

#3 gregory-johnson

gregory-johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

Under iBlogPro3 Options > Sidebar Options > Sidebar List Icons > there is this explanation:

"Displays mini icons in your sidebar for standard widgets. To use your own replace the icons located in the 'images'>'icons' folder"

I'm not sure what it means by replacing the icons located in the images folder. There are a bunch of files there. Replace them all? The icon that seems to get used looks like a little notepad.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

no, just use Firebug > inspect to identify the image you'd like to replace (e.g. comment.png) and replace the file with your chosen 16px by 16px image.

#5 gregory-johnson

gregory-johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

Firebug looks like a nice toolkit for web developers. Thanks for that tip. I suppose I could change the code to point to another image, or change the image and leave the code alone.