Photo
- - - - -

Features regularly die and IE issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 kptown

kptown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys, at this site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

--we are having a situation where the Feature items,(& feature boxes) are getting hosed regularly, this is the latest error string that appears:
???Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home3/ahceduca/public_html/wp-content/themes/iB???

Also, ghost Feature boxes are appearing out of nowhere (Features 5 & 6 show up in Ffox, but were not created in back end)
And they Do Not play nice in IE at all

We just took the RSS function/icon off homepage, just trying to reduce possible conflicts.

Also, is there a later version than 3.6.3?

Thanks

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

we'll get it worked out... there are a couple of 'host' related issues that could cause this. few questions: who's your host? did you restore features to default? Can you provide a live link? What's going on in IE? Finally, this is the type of problem we take seriously. These aren't common issues by any means, but we want to work closely with you to get it worked out. We understand how frustrating these issues can be.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I took a look and you've got something strange going on in the feature area. I think what might be happening is that you've forgotten to close a HTML tag. Have you installed Firebug (for Firefox) and run a W3 validation on the site (will point out unclosed tags etc..)?

#4 womencan

womencan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

I just lost my feature area for the second time. Very annoying, as I painstakingly rebuilt the six tabs plus the three feature boxes just two weeks ago. For some reason these did not back up, despite my requesting they be added to my backup. This is really starting to be annoying. Your template is fabulous. I love, love, love it, but if it's going to dump content every couple of weeks I'm going to have to seriously reconsider. I've also had some strange things going on with content showing up twice, ie tabs just appear or sub tabs appear as parent tabs when they have been sub tabs for weeks. Is there a bug in the template? Could it be a widget that is causing the issue? I did add an Aweber script to the Featured Content gallery today. Could that be the issue this time? My website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Last time I restored the defaults and rebuilt and once again, I am in the process of doing the same again. Unfortunately, I was relying on the "backup to database" option in the Featured area for my backup, which is a non event also. I'd appreciate any help you can give me please.

#5 womencan

womencan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

Oh, by the way, I am hosting with Hostgator. Could this be an issue?