How do I create a sub nav across the page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kev2719

kev2719

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

O.K simple question I am sure. this concerns any theme but particularly pagelines Pro I want to have a menu appear when the visitor hovers over the main heading that appears below the main heading and extends across the page to display all the sub pages that exist below that parent page. Can someone explain how that's done in non geekspeak ie use real words and pictures. Thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

There isn't a setting in the options that can make that happen, but it might be possible with CSS styling. Do you already have the dropdown capability enabled in your Header And Nav settings (under the section Drop Down Navigation - Nav and BrandNav Section)?

#3 kev2719

kev2719

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Hi Catrina, Thanks for the fast response especially on a Sunday. Yes I have the nav set to drop down now i am looking for a hover effect to open a nav line to show the list of sub pages. I am unfortunately not a CSS coder. But i am always willing to give this a go with some help. You up for that Kevin

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hey Kevin, If you're at least mildly comfortable with CSS, we can get you on the right track. Here's what you'll need to do: - In the CSS, set the width of the sub menu to "auto". - Change the list items to "display:inline". There may be some more changes from there, but that should get you on the right track.