Photo
- - - - -

Strange IE behaviour on feature page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 floesen

floesen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys, I just purchased your theme and I'm really stunned! It saves a lot of coding time to customize it. Recently I encountered a bug on the feature page. I'm using the feature page as "home" and set up 3 feature items . The featured medias are 3 different youtube videos which i want to start using autoplay. In firefox, opera and safari everything works fine for me. On page load the first video starts to play automatically and on change to the second or third feature the video stops playing and the actual video is starting. Using IE 8/7/6 the following issue occurs: On page load the first video starts as desired but on change to another feature the video doesn't stop playing although the second video starts playing. Thanks for your support beforehand. Best regards, Floesen.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

hmmm... this is more of an IE/Flash bug rather than something the theme has control over. you are auto-playing these things?

#3 floesen

floesen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Yes. But the error occurs also with autoplay disabled. Right now you have to stop the video in IE before changing between the features. I think I'll try to modify the jscript used for the fade effect this sunday - i will post my results here. Best regards, Fl?¶sen.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Flosen, that would be great. It is using the Cycle plugin for Jquery (FYI)

#5 floesen

floesen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Well i never worked much with jquery and it will take another few days to get things done - but i'll keep you guys up to date! :)