• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jbagley

jbagley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hi, I need some urgent help. I can't seem to get any settings in the backend of my site to update.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have just moved the site from my test environment at

to its new host. So if you take a look at

I need to adjust settings in the layout editor, which are not pulling through to the main site. dynamic.css is set to 777. Is there anything else I am doing wrong or that I should look out for? As an example, my background image URL is this

(screenshot of code) but in the Platform pro settings its this:

(screenshot of backend) So as you can see, these aren't pulling through correctly either. :( Thanks! Jason

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Does your host run PHP5 and all the minimum requirements? Did you try disabling the Ajax saving under miscellaneous settings?

#3 jbagley

jbagley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hey Adam, thanks for responding. I've just checked and the host does support PHP5. I also tried disabling the Ajax saving, but it hasn't helped. I managed to sticky tape the site to get it live, so its ok for now and I've mailed the client saying they need to move host providers since the one they using doesn't seem to be able to handle a simple WP installation. It also gives errors when trying to upgrade plugins, so there could also be file permission errors which aren't helping all of this!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

If you're using FTP, you can change permissions for the plugins if needed.

#5 jbagley

jbagley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Another issue I seem to have is I can't get blog posts to have the default "One sidebar on right". So in the Pagelines settings I have this:

(screenshot) which I assume would mean that I would have a sidebar that has my widgets in it. However see this post:

It seems to have the layout, but no sidebar. If I edit this setting (

) on the post, it then displays my widgets. I've set all the file permissions on wp-content to 777 as well as disabled Ajax saving. The server is running PHP 5.2.1 and Apache 2, which I guess should all be fine. Thanks for any help!

#6 jbagley

jbagley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Ok, it might seem that my previous post was a different issue, but they all linked to the fact that the settings in Pagelines are not being saved / applied to the site. :( It's working on my test server, but not on the clients server, so I'm trying to work out what is causing this.

#7 jbagley

jbagley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Another thing, what is the easiest way to test if dynamic.css is actually working correctly?

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Try making CSS changes in the file and see if they're working on the website.