Disable Main Navigation Page Link

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miracle959

miracle959

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

I want my parent navigation menu item to display, but I don't want it to be a click-able link to an actual page; I only want the child sub-navigation menu items to link to an actual page.

Is there a way to do this? I tried hiding the page itself, but that removes it from the navigation menu. In this link, as an example, I want the "competitions" item to remain visible, but not link to a page, only serve as a 'menu heading' of sorts for the child navigation under it. Hope that makes sense.

I'm using the latest Platform Pro & I am completely new to all this, so break it down simply and clearly! Thanks

#2 ricardo

ricardo

Advocate

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

Hi Brinn! I'm not sure you are using a custom menu so I'll explain it from there. Go to Appearance > Menus and create a new menu. Using the Custom Links panel, add the parent links by adding the desired label and using "#" (without the quotes) as the URL (make sure you remove http://). After that you just add the real pages under the parent items. Save and make sure you select that manu in the Theme Locations panel. Ricardo

#3 miracle959

miracle959

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

Great, that worked. Thanks!

#4 ricardo

ricardo

Advocate

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:50 AM