Replacing search box with html for login box

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

I'd like to replace the search box that is aligned with the main navs with a some html that pulls a username field and submit button. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. blog.americandatanetwork.com

#2 ricardo

ricardo

Advocate

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

Hi Jamie! Not sure you have enough space there for 2 text fields + button.... In any case I would say your best option is to use the selector in PlatformPro Settings > Header and Nav > Hide Search to hide the search form and then, either place the login form there with CSS absolute positioning or doing it by adding a hook to functions.php. Ricardo

#3 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Hey Ricardo, thanks for the response. I'm not much of a coder. Just have sort of learned a bit here and there. Could you expound on how I might implement after hiding the search box? This is the code I was provided for the login form: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <input type="text" name="username" id="username" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Enter Your Online ID') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Enter Your Online ID';}" /><input type="button" value="Login" /> </form> <script> document.getElementById("username").value = "Enter Your Online ID"; </script> Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time.

#4 ricardo

ricardo

Advocate

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

???? where did that come from? Where do you want people to log in? Your wordpress site or somewhere else?

#5 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

#6 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

It's to a backend database of our, one of our data base guys provided it to me. They will then enter their password on on the next page.

#7 ricardo

ricardo

Advocate

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

Jamie, One of your database guys probably can do that for you. If not, you should hire someone. Ricardo