Photo
- - - - -

Different sidebars on different pages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 remington

remington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:30 AM

Hello! I'm building a website for a small seminary. They don't need much, so I picked Wordpress because it has such an easy setup and administration. This has brought up a slight problem: I don't use many of the blogging features (of which there are many), but I do need extra page and sidebar functionality (of which there is less). There will be various sections on the site: Admissions, Academics, and so on. Is there a way to display different sidebars within each of these sections? For example, in Academics I might like the sidebar to read Catalog, Programs, Professors.... And then in Admissions I'd like Tuition & Fees, Admissions Requirements, and so on. Right now I'm experimenting with using posts and categories, but that's not working too well. Any ideas? Here's the site, though it's in very rough shape right now: www.tyndaleseminary.info Thank you! Hannah

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

sure, have you looked at the 'widget logic' plugin for changing up widgets?

#3 remington

remington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:19 AM

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

#4 remington

remington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

One more question - unrelated - what's the difference between the main and secondary sidebars?

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

no difference; just gives you more selection.. i.e. you can control which sidebar shows on different pages.