Offering a set of pre-designed sub-theme templates to Platform

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mauricen

mauricen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

I have spent weeks now playing with the re-designing of this theme. Some stuff was relatively easy, and I have hit a few roadblocks. I am at the point where I wish I had moved on to a custom theme that had the look I wanted instead of wasting so much time trying to make this one work. Has anyone considered going somewhere like ThemeForest and finding some of the most popular designs and building a few base theme mods for Platform that give people other design choices already done that they can add on to their Platform purchase? With the price I paid for this theme, I could have bought 6 or 7 other designs from ThemeForest. You could greatly increase the value of this theme with some new designs users could implement for free

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback Maurice.

#3 euthenics

euthenics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

I like this suggestion. Currently, is it possible to have another sub-theme to sit on top of Platform Pro. I have a another simple theme but I would like it to have it on top of Platform Pro, kind of like base theme on Platform Pro. No idea on how to go about this. By the way, any guide how to redesign the design layout in Platform Pro? Also, -How to change the customise header where I can add a banner ads on it? -How do I change the navigation bar (menu bar) like the Apple Bar or iBlog Pro menu bar? Sorry, still new in this and trying hard to learn more. TQ!

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

Check out the showcase thread fore examples of the massive amount of customization people have done with CSS. To add new content anywhere you want, just use the extensive system of hooks throughout the theme: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme