13 replies to this topic

#1 paulie

paulie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hi,
Using: Platform PRO

I am currently working on a page and will need to add clients to the page as a role: AUTHOR, which allows them to blog but not much else.

Pagelines does successfully hide the setting tab from the WP sidebar but fails to hide: Features, Boxes and Banners
This however does not worry me as much.

The biggest problem to me is that when creating/editing posts the AUTHOR does have the access to: Pagelines Meta Settings and Pagelines section Control. Editing these could distort the look and consistency of the webpage.

I know that in time the clients will try to tamper with the setting and it will cost time and effort to either explain of fix the issues. Clients do not understand "do not touch this stuff".

Is there a way to disable these setting for specific roles or is there a plugin out there that could help with this problem?

Thank you.

P.

#2 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

I'll flag this for the devs.

#3 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

You try this plugin? http://wordpress.org...e-admin-panels/

#4 paulie

paulie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hey Adam,

Thank you for your response.

I did try the plugin, And it does take care of the issue of hiding Features, Boxes and Banners. Thats great news...

However it doesn't have the capability of hiding the Pagelines Meta Settings and Pagelines section Control in the post EDIT page which is my main concern.

I am not a very code savvy person but do you think there is a way how to edit some .php file in the PlatformChild to hide these features ?

Thank you again.

P.

#5 afreshup

afreshup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hey. Has anyone figured this out yet? This is a deal-killer for me. I can't allow members to "toy around" with the way the site looks ... The plugin described above DOES work, however you get php errors on the settings page ...

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

You could do this with css display:none The meta box has its own div ID and so does the section control. use add_action to add you css to admin_head. You could even include a role check in your little script so anyone below admin gets the display:none.

#7 jamesldesign

jamesldesign

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thanks Simon for the suggestion - very helpful. However, I think this is only a temporary workaround. I really like Pagelines Pro, but I think in future releases it would be very helpful to have the ability to hide panels based on user level in the pagelines settings area.

#8 cabaj

cabaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

I second James' comment

#9 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Thank you guys for your input...

#10 rick

rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Any new development with this issue? I would like to hide all platform pro options from anyone that is not a site administrator.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

I posted a response to you in the other topic regarding this.

#12 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:06 AM

in 1.5.3 contributors do not see the options,

#13 oksodavid

oksodavid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts
  • LocationLondon & Dorset
  • Framework Version:PL Beta

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

If I want to continue this thread regarding framework should I hop the discussion over there? I'm also needing to limit pagelines view from authors and editors in a group contributor setup. From what I can see Pagelines Meta Settings is enabled for anyone with WP publish_pages, publish_posts capability. Is the css display:none still the best way to tackle this issue?

#14 oksodavid

oksodavid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts
  • LocationLondon & Dorset
  • Framework Version:PL Beta

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

*Correction, I'm finding Pagelines Meta setting are displayed on Pages and Posts only if user role is publish_posts.