Photo
- - - - -

Trouble with Adding a Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 marcus

marcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

This is my first post. I had success with joomla on my first site (with some assistance). I chose to build the second site with wordpress after coming across the "Station Pro" template. I like the overall design for my website. I have a good start on a homepage, but I can no longer see it after tryingto add the 2nd tab (About Us). Also, after I type in the content for About Us and press the publish button, nothing will save. After I hit publish, I was also no longer able to see my homepage correctly. Can someone please assist? www.patagoniamaqui.com

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

What is your current homepage supposed to look like? or in other words, what disappears that should be there?

#3 marcus

marcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

it used to look like the demo(below), but with my own photos (6 in all) in the scroller. all the photos are still in the library, but the page has reverted to what you see now.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 marcus

marcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

Everytime I add a new page to the "Station PRO" theme, the homepage dissapears. My web designer is telling me that it appears to be a glitch with the theme itself. Can someone please confirm whether this is indeed the case?

#5 marcus

marcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

I think I just figured out the issue. The default order is "zero". If you do not change that, it causes the issue. I have now been setting the additional pages to their correct order and the issue has ceased.

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

also you could try the 'PageMash' plugin for organizing pages...